Friday, February 3, 2012

The Power of Photography

I just created a 500px account (follow me here), at the mention from the excellent ISO5571 blog. I'm not sure how much I'll post to it since I have such a great time interacting with the Flickr community and I don't know how much longer I'll post to 3 different social media sites as it is so tedious.

But in going through which of my shots to post up to 500px, I came across this one that I took when my daughter Gianna was 2 days old in the hospital:

See the full Flickr page for the shot
During this time she was under these extremely harsh blue bili lights to remove her jaundice from being born almost 2 months premature. She was hooked up to a respirator, wearing a mask to protect her eyes from the lights, and getting fed through a tube. This is perfectly normal for a preemie, but it was very scary for my wife Kristen and myself as we obviously weren't used to such a thing. Anyways, she's a perfectly healthy 4 month old now (see below) and doing great, but this shot of her in this fragile state, hanging onto mommy's finger for support will always strike a very powerful memory for me and I think it may be one of my best ones thus far.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you aren't kidding man, this is powerful. Such a touching shot. Glad to hear that she is doing ok now!!

    ReplyDelete